Good news! After being able to use Alexa and Cortana to control your Xbox for a while now, you can now use your Google Assistant to control your Xbox One thanks to a new beta released by Microsoft.
To use commands like:
- “Hey Google, play Gears 5 on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, turn on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, turn off Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, launch YouTube on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, pause on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, resume on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, volume up on Xbox.”
- “Hey Google, take a screenshot on Xbox.
You’ll need to join this Google Group and follow the following instructions.
In the Google Home app for iOS or Android – Tap “+ Add” – Tap “Set up device” – Tap “Have something already set up?” – Search for and select “[beta] Xbox” – Sign in with the Microsoft account you use on Xbox – Follow the instructions to link your Xbox and give it a device name.
For a full list of commands and other information take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/d9jcjf/get_started_with_xbox_for_google_assistant/